Sunday, June 3, 2012

Plus tarde, tout va bien.

Thank God for Kelsey. She was such a help to me today. We spoke sometimes in French, sometimes in English, but it was just nice to see a familiar face whom I didn't feel insecure about asking tons of questions/making mistakes to. It was weird to see her... in Paris, but I'm sure it was even weirder for her because she's been here so many times before. I, on the other hand, was a total noobie. 



We met in front of the Louvre. Picturesque, n'est-ce pas? Then we wandered around for a couple of hours, then wandered around in the Latin Quarter, then went back to her hostel and talked, then had dinner at approximately 10pm, just a wee bit earlier than my 11pm dinner last night. For dinner I had real "french fries," or pommes frites, and for lunch a croque monsieur. So Parisian. 


 


We saw la Pont du Arts, Shakespeare and Company Bookstore, Notre Dame, and more. I'm exhausted.

I love Paris thus far. It's simply breathtaking, the amount of detail in everything. I felt my French coming back to me somewhat and I'm excited to start working in the actual class tomorrow (strange as that sounds). Mostly I'm excited for the end of the month, when I know I'll be better at French and I'll also know the city much better. Let me tell you, it's a good thing I had Kelsey with me or I would have been totally turned around. 

Mais maintenant j'ai besoin a dormir pour demain. Bon nuit a touts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment