Tuesday, June 19, 2012

craziness

Today was the Eurocup against Sweden. Last night was wine tasting. Both fun for different reasons.


The wine tasting was in the cellar of a swanky wine bar, where the host taught us about the different components of the wines, as well as where they came from (all in French). Accompanied by bread and cheese and salami, it was a very good night.


Tonight I went to the Eiffel Tower to watch soccer (a bit out of character for me, but hey, if Sweden's playing...). It was worth going to for the spectating, alone. There were lots of people with (France's) red-white-and-blue smeared on their faces, the paint melting in the rain. The decorations looked even more miserable after France had lost, although I can't say I was too sad about Sweden's victory... I then took the Metro, stuffed to the brim with disappointed French people, back to the apartment.

Some things I've seen lately:

- A man wearing nothing but a blanket, wrapped around his head like a Russian doll, walking barefoot through the street.

- A woman with purple cornrows


In an archway at the Louvre

- A couple of men in white lab coats standing outside a Centre de Santé (Health Center), smoking cigarettes. So French. I then saw the same man on my way back from school. You know you're not just a tourist when you remember the locals.

- Guy on the Metro playing the "Sexy Saxophone Player Saxman" song on a handheld keyboard that you blow into. I'm sure it has a name.


Passed by this beautiful specimen yesterday

- The same woman and child on the same corner of the same street every day, begging for money. It kills me every time.



Anyways, that's all for now. Versailles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment